(Updated 7/17/19) The Radiology Work to Total RVU Ratios data subscription is a 12-month subscription that is updated annually. This data subscription represents a large and detailed analysis of Work-to-Total-RVU ratios for over 25,000 U.S. radiologists.
The Work-RVU-to-Total-RVU ratio statistics may be referenced for informational purposes when setting compensation for the professional component of global radiology billing arrangements as fixed percentage rates.
The 2017, 2018, and 2019 RVU analyses are performed using 2017 Medicare utilization data. New 2018 utilization data will be available to subscribers when Medicare releases it during 2020.
Summary tables are provided identifying overall specialty-level statistics for six diagnostic radiology sub-groups, 5th through 95th percentiles for Work-to-Total-RVU ratios using 2017, 2018, and 2019 Relative Value Units for national RVU values, as well as adjustments for all 112 Geographic Practice Cost Indices (GPCIs). Facility, non-facility, and overall Work-to-Total-RVU ratios are calculated for each sub-specialty, percentile, and GPCI.
Watch Video Demo
- Summary Findings – Specialty Level – National RVU Weights
- Overall Specialty Level Summaries (2017-2019) National RVU Component Weights (.xlsx format)
- Work-to-Total RVU Percentiles (5th to 95th ) by Specialty (2017-2019) National RVU Component Weights (.xlsx format)
- Summary Findings – Specialty Level – 112 Geographic Practice Cost Indices
- Overall Specialty Level Summaries (2017-2019) 112 GPCIs (.xlsx format)
- Work-to-Total RVU Percentiles (5th to 95th ) by Specialty (2017-2019) 112 GPCIs (.xlsx format)
- Supporting Documentation
- 2017-2019 National Physician Fee Schedule Relative Value File Releases Used
- 2017-2019 Geographic Practice Cost Indicies (GPCIs) by State and Medicare Locality
The summaries, calculations, and raw data provided are predicated on a large sample of Medicare utilization data that is updated annually. This data set is provided for informational purposes only, and HCTadvisor makes no representations as to whether this large sample is representative of the total utilization for any individual provider or any provider specialty as a whole.
Data Set Sample Size
|Medicare 855i Primary Specialty||NPI Self-Identified Primary Specialty||Sample (n)|
|Diagnostic Radiology||Radiology - Body Imaging||516|
|Diagnostic Radiology||Radiology - Diagnostic Radiology||24,799|
|Diagnostic Radiology||Radiology - Neuroradiology||775|
|Diagnostic Radiology||Radiology - Nuclear Radiology||131|
|Diagnostic Radiology||Radiology - Pediatric Radiology||147|
|Diagnostic Radiology||Radiology - Vascular & Interventional Radiology||1,013|